Providing Security When the Other Driver Does Not Have Enough Insurance

Hit-and-run accidents and collisions with drivers who have no insurance or not enough insurance can leave an injured victim uncertain of where to turn. The most important thing to realize if you find yourself in this situation is that you do have options. A skilled lawyer may be able to get you the compensation you need and deserve.

John F. Mifka is a South Jersey uninsured motorist attorney with nearly 40 years of legal experience. He leads our firm, which is entirely devoted to helping people in Philadelphia and throughout southern New Jersey who are injured by the negligent and reckless acts of others. We know how to deal with insurance companies, including your own insurer, to make sure you receive what you need in order to get back on your feet after a car accident, motorcycle accident or any other type of auto wreck.

What Exactly Is Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage?

Also known as UM/UIM coverage, this is the type of car accident insurance that provides compensation if you are hurt by a driver who does not have any insurance or does not have enough to cover the costs of your injuries. If you have an auto insurance policy issued in New Jersey, then you already have UM/UIM coverage. The minimum is $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.

Why Do I Need an Attorney to Deal With My Own Insurance Company?

Once you suffer a personal injury, whether a spinal injury or a simple broken bone, you may be surprised to learn that your own insurer may be reluctant to pay your claim. In accidents involving uninsured or underinsured motorists, your insurer does not have to pay you any money if you were as much at fault as the other driver. That is why legal advice from a skilled lawyer is so valuable.

John F. Mifka and our staff understand insurance company tactics. Those companies are in the business of making money, not the business of caring for their customers. We level the playing field by showing that our clients need and deserve benefits under the UM/UIM policy. If your insurer refuses to treat you fairly, we will not hesitate to take the issue to court to protect your rights.

Were You Hit While Walking or Biking?

Most pedestrians and bicyclists do not realize that they can obtain compensation from their own auto accident coverage if they are hurt by a driver who has no insurance or commits a hit-and-run. If you do not own a car, and thus have no car insurance, you may be able to recover compensation under your homeowners insurance policy. If you were hit by a car while walking or riding a bike, we can help you understand the available options.

Hurt by an Underinsured Driver? Call a Lawyer for Help.

The Law Offices of John F. Mifka will work to recover full compensation for you, even if the other driver did not have insurance. For a free consultation, please call 800-262-3331 or contact our law firm online.

If you are unable to come to our office, our attorney can visit you at home or in the hospital.

Written by John F. Mifka  





Powered by Biz-Net Internet Solutions

~ additional information ~

(C) 2014 Law Offices of John F. Mifka. All rights reserved.

At the law offices of John F. Mifka, we serve clients from the following cities in New Jersey: Marlton, Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Mount Laurel, Medford, Gibbsboro, West Berlin, Moorestown, Maple Shade, Stratford, Lawnside, Somerdale, Haddonfield, Berlin, Magnolia, Clementon, Lumberton, Hainesport, Barrington, Atco, Haddon Heights, Collingswood, Audubon, Merchantville, Riverton, Oaklyn, Vincentown, Pennsauken, Mount Holly, Gibbstown, Paulsboro, Mickleton, Clarksboro, Mount Royal, Bridgeport, Mantua, Swedesboro and Woodbury; and the following counties: Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County  and South Jersey.